StoneTree Farm

StoneTree Farm
StoneTree Farm

Thursday 23 May 2013

Photo Op


I have received a lot of feedback about my 'picture' of the sink hole: none of it good So I checked myself and sure enough, even I couldn't find it in that sea of green and I knew where it was. So, here is another shot. If you look directly below the fence on the right side, you can see a bit of the drop off.

Then I decided I might as well give you all a pictorial tour of the new stock here on the farm.

These are our 4 brand new yearlings (and the shadow of my Aussie-inspired hat). The little boys are yearlings, Angus of course and as  gentle as my grandson which is saying a lot. Right now they are in the quarantine paddock, which as you can see, is the only level paddock on the whole farm. We should move them up to another inaccessible mountain this weekend.

And these are our new, Suffolk sheep. We just bought them from a neighboring farmer and are very excited about them. They have a tendency to have twins, give a leaner meat, and have narrow shoulders which help them lamb more easily. All in all, they should be winners. We will wait until next year to breed them (they're still teenagers).

I have purposely not included the 2 steers and 2 rams ready for the home kill guy out of respect for their privacy in their last days of life. And our Romney sheep (Rambo's old flock) wouldn't let me get close enough to take a picture. Some things never change!

No comments:

Post a Comment