StoneTree Farm

StoneTree Farm
StoneTree Farm

Saturday 23 July 2011

Update

Life has a way of interferring with my plans and that is what has happened for the past two weeks. Some of the inteference was great. Very great was the unplanned trip to Wellington. I had never been there and was enthralled with the diversity of people, thought, and Food. I had a great time riding the ferry, the cable car, eating, and walking. Fabulous city.

Also great was my far north North Island visit to dear friends who have a lovely home perched high above a harbor and the vast Pacific Ocean which stretches in three directions. I am a simple Arizona girl and I get a shiver every time I think of being able to drive 15 minutes to the Pacific Ocean or 15 minutes in the opposite direction to the Indian Ocean. I have to say that the farm is very centrally located.

Not so great is the horrendous cold I got from Alessia who got it from play school. All of us are hacking, sneezing, honking, and croaking around. But at least I am back at the farm and that is always healing for me. Today is the first day I felt up to my saunter through the sheep. Everything was fine with the ewes and lambs - they didn't even run panic-stricken at the sight of me. Most of them didn't even move and the three that did simply ambled away a few feet.

But I have grave concerns about my nemesis the ram. He is huddled under a tree and didn't move when I approached. When I got near enough, he moved his head a few inches but that was all. Dan is calling around for a vet as I write this. If we can find one, the plan is that I stay here through the week to nurse the ram, pay the vet, etc. My concern is fairly obvious. How do you nurse a ram? If he's too sick to resist, my ministrations may kill him and if he improves, he may resent me even more. When I know more, I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment